Why Choose Plumbing as a Career?
If you are looking for a career that can offer a profession certification, good employment prospects and pay, look into the plumbing industry.
- You can do a four-year apprenticeship while you work for a local plumber
- You graduate as a journeyman plumber and with potentially NO college debt
- The average salary nationwide after graduation is $55,160, and in Idaho $47,620
- The job prospects for a plumber between 2020 and 2028 will INCREASE by 14%
- Plumbing was deemed nationally and in Idaho as an “essential service” during the recent Covid 19 crisis meaning employment was continuous, even during stay at home orders
Local plumbers are looking for you! Click here for a list of TVMPA plumbers that you can contact for more information.
What Plumbers Do
Plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters install and repair pipes that carry water, steam, air, or other liquids or gases to and in businesses, homes, and factories. Click on this link – What Plumbers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters Do – for detailed information on:
- Work Environment
- How to Become a Plumber
- Job Outlook
- State Information
College of Western Idaho – information, getting started, what to expect, cost, requirements, registration and links.
Treasure Valley Community College – information, getting started, what to expect, cost, requirements, registration and links
Idaho Division of Building Safety – Apprentice Registration
Plumbers and Pipefitters UA 296 – Ua296training@gmail.com
Treasure Valley Master Plumbers Association
P.O. Box 9793
Boise, ID 83707
TVMPA is the association representing Plumbing Contractors in Boise, Idaho and the surrounding area.